I made it. Once I hit 80 on the 7th, I had 3 nights of trying to get a cleared heroic Gundrak , but I did find a kind soul finally. For Love is in the Air, things went even smoother. I got 2 bags of candy in about 10 tries, did 4 turn-ins for 10 arrows and 10 rockets, and got 10 rose petals during those 10 tries as well. The only real issue I had was getting a Bouquet. It took a few days before I had time for a farming group, but when I did it was 5x80s. I tanked the whole thing without stopping or losing agro. I know the group probably wasn’t going all out, but I feel like I finally know how to AoE tank. Also, I had a Perma-Pettle from last year, and I also looted a Black Dress so I completed all the achievements even the ones that didn’t count towards the title.
So now that my grind is coming to an end, I’m finally catching up on my blog reading. This makes me a sad panda. Specifically
And I ran him to Elwynn Forest at level two. Yes, I’ve still yet to do a single quest on Bloodmyst Isle, with any character ever.
Pike… you know how Duskwallow Marsh used to suck. Then they revamped it and it became awesome. That’s Draenai starting areas compared to all others. Gear is better, questlines are better, there’s much less running hither-tither, and I’ve yet to finish those 2 zones without a character hitting at least 20 compared to 17 when i couldn’t do any more darkshore quests (my previous favorite starting area).
I know you have leveling issues, but please reconsider.
Then there’s this on mania’s blog. Feedback on every pet family and how they compare to each other? /begins going through pet leveling withdrawls. I have so many opinions on pets, families, roles, talents, graphics, sound. I don’t even know where to begin. /sigh, I don’t even have time to being… Those posts have been in draft form for so long I think I’ll have to start over just to make sure they’re still relavent.
Oh, well. Such is WoW.
I really put my nose to the grinding stone, and I just hit 79 tonight. I should have 80 by the weekend and then I just need to find a few groups to mooch off of as they finish clearing the last 3 instances with elders.
Protection hasn’t been completely miserable, but I’ll be glad to swich back to fury as soon as I can. It’s not so much that I can’t tank, it’s that I hate the treatment that comes with it. Case in point, I attempted to run Halls of Stone today, and there were some looting disputes.
Well, I did it. I hit 80 last week while vacationing in FL and missing out on the crazy sub-zero temperatures back home. Returned home to my brand new 17″ laptop of joy, and news that one of my good friends finally upgraded her comp and is ready to try out WoW. Time to get back to blogging? No.
I hate shopping for computers. (Bare with me, there’s some good advice for people buying at the bottom).
I’m not the greatest image manipulator, but I attempted to add Frothy and a background with the following shaky results.
Thanks again to Pike! I love ’em.
Ok, first the good news. I have been finding a bit of time to play, and I know have about 5 posts of things that I think will help others out. In fact, I gave myself all day Monday to play, and went from 76 to 78, finishing my 4th zone: Grizzly Hills. That not only netted me my Veridian Netherwing back, but also my Roc-Feather Longbow to banish that noisy gun and 2x Fang of Truth which I’m enjoying.
I was also able to finish up my Merrymaker achievement on Christmas day for Wnodis (my warrior). I then noticed that the gifts had quest (!) this year, so I went over to Z to see if they’d help me towards my long term goal of “The Seeker” (AKA 3000 quests) and sure enough they do. So I started grabbing the other holiday quests and on my way to discover the meaning of Winterveil for the 4th time, the screen on my laptop suddenly went wonky.
I shutdown, restarted, rolled back, plugged in an external monitor, everything I could think of and it looks like my video card died. To replace it would cost ~$450, and my computer is 3years old already anyway. I also noticed while checking the connections to the screen that the bundle of wires was getting rubbed and it actually looked like a few were close to being severed.
Not only did this happen Christmas freaking day, bringing the joy of the season to an abrupt end, but I’m traveling alone for 3-4 days to close on our house next week, and was looking forward to getting to 80 without the guilt of ignoring my family. Looks like instead I’ll just be relaxing with my DS and a Neil Gaiman Novel.
We went way overboard with spending on Christmas decorating and food this year (we hosted about 20-25 of my family), and none of my other systems are capable of running WoW. So really, I have no idea when I’ll be able to pick it up again… Hopefully, before the 2 february events.
I guess I’ll let you know when I get back into Azeroth.
On Friday after thanksgiving, I got an offer on my house, and we accepted. We’re losing $20k, but it could have been much worse. So guess what I’ve been doing instead of playing WoW…
Maybe next week I guess.
I’ve only been able to login to WoW long enough to check the AH for the last week. Daycare is off, so I’m running solo with my 2.5yo, and we hosted Turkey day today which was delicious, but insane. I’m really looking forward to a nice relaxing week starting monday.
I started to write paragraphs and whatnot, but it got really long. Way longer than anyone would want to read, and there was still a ton of stuff to talk about. So you get bullet points. Quicker to read, quicker to write, and you don’t get distracted by fluff.
- Transferred to Dentarg, much happier.
- Formed my personal guild again named “The Mystic Hunter” I’m not inviting alts this time, I think they’re going to get their own instead. I like my guild name better than any title Bliz could offer.
- I love having content provided for me, rather than making it up (AKA achievements before there was achievements).
- Man I love questing again. It’s been almost 2 years…
- I hit 71 without ever getting ganked.
- I was filled with glee the first time I saw my bow skill go to 376.
- In the course of 2 hours today I was ganked 8 times.
- I killed 2 gankers that were not prepared for MQoSRDPS.
- I’m liking the new AotV more and more. I no longer carry any mana pots or food.
- I still forget to swap back to AotH over and over.
- My 65 pet dinged 70 before I made it halfway to 71.
- Luminesce (my needler) is now my favorite pet. Sorry, Frothy. I’m thinking of abandoning Flight as well since I don’t need 2 Ferocity pets, and honestly I don’t really feel much attachment for him.
- I bought a Dutiful Longbow of the Monkey off the AH to replace my Don Santos several days before my copy of WotLK came out. I loved the model, and it felt great having a bow again. Then I get Fury of the Raging Dragon from a quest. How could I not upgrade? And yet it’s back to having an even uglier gun. /cry
- For the last 2 weeks, the highest referrer to the blog as been a thread at Dark Legacy Comics linking to my guide to wiping… at 15 referals. I went from 3k to 300 hits a day when the pet review became irrelevant. /cry
- I’m going to be rich. I’m mining/enchanting, and I only use enchanting to disenchant. Today I got several stacks of Frostweave (40g/stack), 15 Lesser Cosmic Essences (15g/each), 5 small shards (35g/each), and at least 20 dusts (9g/each). /cheer (There was 350g in my mail from auctions this morning).
- I respecced out of Catlike Reflexes, Cobra Strikes, and Invigoration in favor of Beastial Discipline, 1/2 Pathfinding, and Kindred Spirits. The mana from Invigoration was never noticed, and the DPS loss of Cobra Strikes was WAY more than made up for by Kindred Spirits and BD. I reallly, really miss the increased Dodge from CR though when tanking elites.
- I still really don’t like Spirit Bond because of the agro issues with multiple mobs. Misdirect + Multi-shot never seems to be up when I need it.
- SPEND YOUR TALENT POINTS. I forgot to spend mine until halfway through 71.
- SPEND YOUR PET’S TALENT POINTS. I found myself wishing my 65 wasp had “Lick Your Wounds” until I realized that he was now 70 and now had the extra point.
- One more level until Beast Mastery and I can officially call myself a BM hunter again.
Now, imagine a paragraph or 2 for each of those points. Yikes!