I’ve only been able to login to WoW long enough to check the AH for the last week. Daycare is off, so I’m running solo with my 2.5yo, and we hosted Turkey day today which was delicious, but insane. I’m really looking forward to a nice relaxing week starting monday.
I started to write paragraphs and whatnot, but it got really long. Way longer than anyone would want to read, and there was still a ton of stuff to talk about. So you get bullet points. Quicker to read, quicker to write, and you don’t get distracted by fluff.
- Transferred to Dentarg, much happier.
- Formed my personal guild again named “The Mystic Hunter” I’m not inviting alts this time, I think they’re going to get their own instead. I like my guild name better than any title Bliz could offer.
- I love having content provided for me, rather than making it up (AKA achievements before there was achievements).
- Man I love questing again. It’s been almost 2 years…
- I hit 71 without ever getting ganked.
- I was filled with glee the first time I saw my bow skill go to 376.
- In the course of 2 hours today I was ganked 8 times.
- I killed 2 gankers that were not prepared for MQoSRDPS.
- I’m liking the new AotV more and more. I no longer carry any mana pots or food.
- I still forget to swap back to AotH over and over.
- My 65 pet dinged 70 before I made it halfway to 71.
- Luminesce (my needler) is now my favorite pet. Sorry, Frothy. I’m thinking of abandoning Flight as well since I don’t need 2 Ferocity pets, and honestly I don’t really feel much attachment for him.
- I bought a Dutiful Longbow of the Monkey off the AH to replace my Don Santos several days before my copy of WotLK came out. I loved the model, and it felt great having a bow again. Then I get Fury of the Raging Dragon from a quest. How could I not upgrade? And yet it’s back to having an even uglier gun. /cry
- For the last 2 weeks, the highest referrer to the blog as been a thread at Dark Legacy Comics linking to my guide to wiping… at 15 referals. I went from 3k to 300 hits a day when the pet review became irrelevant. /cry
- I’m going to be rich. I’m mining/enchanting, and I only use enchanting to disenchant. Today I got several stacks of Frostweave (40g/stack), 15 Lesser Cosmic Essences (15g/each), 5 small shards (35g/each), and at least 20 dusts (9g/each). /cheer (There was 350g in my mail from auctions this morning).
- I respecced out of Catlike Reflexes, Cobra Strikes, and Invigoration in favor of Beastial Discipline, 1/2 Pathfinding, and Kindred Spirits. The mana from Invigoration was never noticed, and the DPS loss of Cobra Strikes was WAY more than made up for by Kindred Spirits and BD. I reallly, really miss the increased Dodge from CR though when tanking elites.
- I still really don’t like Spirit Bond because of the agro issues with multiple mobs. Misdirect + Multi-shot never seems to be up when I need it.
- SPEND YOUR TALENT POINTS. I forgot to spend mine until halfway through 71.
- SPEND YOUR PET’S TALENT POINTS. I found myself wishing my 65 wasp had “Lick Your Wounds” until I realized that he was now 70 and now had the extra point.
- One more level until Beast Mastery and I can officially call myself a BM hunter again.
Now, imagine a paragraph or 2 for each of those points. Yikes!
I’ve been waiting for a free transfer off Kel’Thuzad for a LONG time now. I just tried to log in and the queue is at 1400+ (85min). So, I check the transfers page and w00t, Dentarg will be my new home as soon as I move the stuff from my personal guild bank onto my characters.
So continuing my thoughts on Hunter’s 4.0, (that’s release, and patches 1.7, 2.0, and now 3.0), I have to say I’m really enjoying the new aspect of the viper more that I thought I would. It’s basically replaced Steady Shot weaving in my thought process, and is definitely less distracting. Each fight I find myself thinking should I start in viper and swap halfway through to let my pet get more agro, should I do it later just incase there’s some adds and I need to DPS the first target down, or should I just use the passive mana gain between fights. It really gives the hunter control of his own mana regeneration.
I’m having a lot of fun with it.
The other nice ability change I’m sure everyone has been trying is the new volley. With no cooldown and now RAP scaling, its gone from a never used to a must be on the main attack bar. It’s crazy good. There’s no squeel of glee like when you go to Stratholm and use it on the mindless undead right after Ramstein. The screen has a damage orgasm like you’ve never seen. I’m going to give one of those AoE pets a try real soon.
I ordered my copy of WotLK from amazon and took the free shipping. I went there to save $10 darn it, I’m not paying $5 to get it faster. Yes, I have turned into a crochety old man. All that means is I won’t be getting my copy until next week, which is just as well. I hate the rush. Darn kids, get off my EPL!
In the mean time, I’m going to knuckle down and do some programming I’ve been putting off (which you probably don’t care about), and also give some opinions on Huntering just in time to be too late to be useful. But I’m a crochety old man so I’m doing it anyway!
Up until the last few months, I think I’d run a total of 5 BC instances. A former guildie invited me to his guild (I just took my warrior), and I ran a few more with them. Then sunday, they were desperate for people on a Gruul/Mag run. Grull went down easily and I got some shoulders. Shiny. Enough people left when we went to Mags that I was told I could roll on the chest. So now I have 2 t4 pieces.
I logged in on Tuesday and found the Invasion still on. I had been desperately trying to get pet #70, aka the batling, so I asked if anyone knew if the boss was still around. The guild reply was lets go check. /invite. Luckily my wife was home to take care of the kid, because I got to run a whole kara with a decked out group. Total I got, the batling, Arcanite Ripper, and a tanking cloak, chest, and legs. But most importantly, I got to see it.
Kara is just what I wanted from a raiding experience. With 40 people, no one knew what the heck was going on. With 25, you’re going to get more than a few jerks. But with 10, you’re having fun with friends. I’m really looking forward to 10-mans.
So now the list of things to do has dwindled to just running scholo and strat until I get a pretty hat and matching pants.
I can has a hat. Luk n cee.
I also found this
Furbogs can has bukkits.