Turns out people like useful information. Who knew?
I started a new hunter on Zangramarsh with ICftB and I’m having a good time. Just got my tauren an owl. But playing in the newbie area, I’ve grown to appreciate how much I actually know about hunters, and there is A LOT to know.
I told Mania a few weeks ago I’d work on a FAQ for hunters to help make the info over at petopia more accessible to new players. Expect lots of links there. If you have any questions, questions you’ve been asked by a newbie, or examples of your own public newbness (not n00bness) let me know in a comment and I’ll try to keep things up to date.
The FAQ will be in the form of Guides for each area on the right side bar here. I’ll be adding links as the guides are completed.
- Are hunters any good?
- How do you play a hunter?
- Guns or Bows?
- Which weapon skills should I take?
- 2H or dual wield?
- What weapon enchants should I take?
- What stats are important?
- What’s with the ‘hunter gear’ jokes?
- What professions should I take?
- Should I play differently in a group?
- How do I use traps?
- How should I spend my talent points?
- What pet should I choose?
- What is a pet family?
- Where do I find a ____?
- How are pet families different?
- Are elite beasts better pets?
- What are caster pets?
Hunter’s Pet Commands and Abilities:
- When do I get a pet?
- How can I tell if a pet is tamable?
- How do I tame pets?
- How do I feed my pet?
- If I dismiss my pet will I lose it?
- If I abandon my pet will I lose it?
- What happens if my pet dies?
- What skills can my pet learn?
- What are the best skills?
- How does my pet learn skills?
- How do I learn skills to teach my pet?
- What is Loyalty Level?
- Will my ____ ever get a unique or improved skill?
- My pet keeps running away and I need to tame a new one!
- There’s a red, unhappy or yellow, blah face next to my pet.
- My pet can’t taunt mobs off me!
- I can’t tame ____.
- I can’t get a group!