PTR patch 2.2 is out. No word on new content, but since it’s not 2.1.4, I assume there’s some coming. Here’s a brief summary of the current PTR notes for hunters:
- Pets are now affected by Paladin greater blessings. (About freaking time)
- Lacerate… I saw this and shuddered before realizing this was in the druid section. (Go here and click on the survival tab… at your own risk).
- Aspect of the Cheetah: This ability will now cause Hunters to become dazed when struck while sitting.
- Aspect of the Pack: This ability will now cause party members to become dazed when struck while sitting.
- Aspect of the Viper: This ability has received a slight redesign. The amount of mana regained will increase as the Hunter’s percentage of mana remaining decreases. At about 60% mana, it is equivalent to the previous version of Aspect of the Viper. Below that margin, it is better (up to twice as much mana as the old version); while above that margin, it will be less effective. The mana regained never drops below 10% of intellect every 5 sec. or goes above 50% of intellect every 5 sec.
- Freezing Trap and Scare Beast duration against PvP targets has been reduced to 10 seconds.
- Hunter’s Mark: The duration remaining graphic will now display properly for Hunter’s Mark after it has been refreshed on a target, and will properly consume mana when recasting it to refresh its duration. (Very nice)
- Kill Command will not charge the hunter mana if their pet is on passive.
- Misdirection: Items used while Misdirection is active will now consume a charge correctly.
- Steady Shot: The tooltip stating the percentage of Attack Power gained by Steady Shot was inaccurate and has been corrected. The damage remains unchanged.
- Volley: This spell is now affected by area damage caps. Its bonus damage coefficients have also been increased. It also correctly consumes charges of Misdirection.
- Leggings of Beast Mastery: The stamina and armor granted by this item for your pet have been increased.
- Rift Stalker Armor: The pet healing set bonus now heals for a percentage of damage dealt by the Hunter.
The Aspect of the Viper change seems pretty big to me. Soloing with my best pet, I almost never run out of mana. Fights just don’t last that long. This seems to switch it so that I’d be getting the efficiency I’m used to at ~50%. Basically instead of always being at 100% mana, I’ll have to get used to 40%.
The other thing that’s interesting about this changed is that it may now be more useful to use AotH from 100-50% and then swap over to AotV to give a DPS boost at the beginning, and maximize mana regen later. Hrm…