I’m not the greatest image manipulator, but I attempted to add Frothy and a background with the following shaky results.
Thanks again to Pike! I love ‘em.
I started to write paragraphs and whatnot, but it got really long. Way longer than anyone would want to read, and there was still a ton of stuff to talk about. So you get bullet points. Quicker to read, quicker to write, and you don’t get distracted by fluff.
- Transferred to Dentarg, much happier.
- Formed my personal guild again named “The Mystic Hunter” I’m not inviting alts this time, I think they’re going to get their own instead. I like my guild name better than any title Bliz could offer.
- I love having content provided for me, rather than making it up (AKA achievements before there was achievements).
- Man I love questing again. It’s been almost 2 years…
- I hit 71 without ever getting ganked.
- I was filled with glee the first time I saw my bow skill go to 376.
- In the course of 2 hours today I was ganked 8 times.
- I killed 2 gankers that were not prepared for MQoSRDPS.
- I’m liking the new AotV more and more. I no longer carry any mana pots or food.
- I still forget to swap back to AotH over and over.
- My 65 pet dinged 70 before I made it halfway to 71.
- Luminesce (my needler) is now my favorite pet. Sorry, Frothy. I’m thinking of abandoning Flight as well since I don’t need 2 Ferocity pets, and honestly I don’t really feel much attachment for him.
- I bought a Dutiful Longbow of the Monkey off the AH to replace my Don Santos several days before my copy of WotLK came out. I loved the model, and it felt great having a bow again. Then I get Fury of the Raging Dragon from a quest. How could I not upgrade? And yet it’s back to having an even uglier gun. /cry
- For the last 2 weeks, the highest referrer to the blog as been a thread at Dark Legacy Comics linking to my guide to wiping… at 15 referals. I went from 3k to 300 hits a day when the pet review became irrelevant. /cry
- I’m going to be rich. I’m mining/enchanting, and I only use enchanting to disenchant. Today I got several stacks of Frostweave (40g/stack), 15 Lesser Cosmic Essences (15g/each), 5 small shards (35g/each), and at least 20 dusts (9g/each). /cheer (There was 350g in my mail from auctions this morning).
- I respecced out of Catlike Reflexes, Cobra Strikes, and Invigoration in favor of Beastial Discipline, 1/2 Pathfinding, and Kindred Spirits. The mana from Invigoration was never noticed, and the DPS loss of Cobra Strikes was WAY more than made up for by Kindred Spirits and BD. I reallly, really miss the increased Dodge from CR though when tanking elites.
- I still really don’t like Spirit Bond because of the agro issues with multiple mobs. Misdirect + Multi-shot never seems to be up when I need it.
- SPEND YOUR TALENT POINTS. I forgot to spend mine until halfway through 71.
- SPEND YOUR PET’S TALENT POINTS. I found myself wishing my 65 wasp had “Lick Your Wounds” until I realized that he was now 70 and now had the extra point.
- One more level until Beast Mastery and I can officially call myself a BM hunter again.
Now, imagine a paragraph or 2 for each of those points. Yikes!
I ordered my copy of WotLK from amazon and took the free shipping. I went there to save $10 darn it, I’m not paying $5 to get it faster. Yes, I have turned into a crochety old man. All that means is I won’t be getting my copy until next week, which is just as well. I hate the rush. Darn kids, get off my EPL!
In the mean time, I’m going to knuckle down and do some programming I’ve been putting off (which you probably don’t care about), and also give some opinions on Huntering just in time to be too late to be useful. But I’m a crochety old man so I’m doing it anyway!
Up until the last few months, I think I’d run a total of 5 BC instances. A former guildie invited me to his guild (I just took my warrior), and I ran a few more with them. Then sunday, they were desperate for people on a Gruul/Mag run. Grull went down easily and I got some shoulders. Shiny. Enough people left when we went to Mags that I was told I could roll on the chest. So now I have 2 t4 pieces.
I logged in on Tuesday and found the Invasion still on. I had been desperately trying to get pet #70, aka the batling, so I asked if anyone knew if the boss was still around. The guild reply was lets go check. /invite. Luckily my wife was home to take care of the kid, because I got to run a whole kara with a decked out group. Total I got, the batling, Arcanite Ripper, and a tanking cloak, chest, and legs. But most importantly, I got to see it.
Kara is just what I wanted from a raiding experience. With 40 people, no one knew what the heck was going on. With 25, you’re going to get more than a few jerks. But with 10, you’re having fun with friends. I’m really looking forward to 10-mans.
So now the list of things to do has dwindled to just running scholo and strat until I get a pretty hat and matching pants.
Everything points to 3.0 being launched tomorrow, and I’m very interested to see how everything shakes down. Hunters have quite a few changes to deal with, so I decided to make a list of things to do when I login after patching. Some are obvious, some not so much. Hopefully, this post will get you out of the BC mindset and to the start of WotLK.
I officially tested hyenas today, and my review stands.
While I wasn’t expecting a ticker-tape parade for finishing my review, however most of the reaction has not been ‘meh,’ but ‘you’re too late.’ I think I have to agree. People looking for pet advice at this point should be watching what’s happening in the beta rather than what’s been happening. I don’t feel too bad, I just wish I could have gotten it done a bit sooner so as to be more useful. Soon enough I’ll feel up to messing around in beta, and give them what they want (I just wish I had kept up with the changes while I was in HI).
One of the fun things about having both casted and instant spells is that they pretty much hit at exactly the same time. Add in Auto Shot and crits and it becomes really fun. While leveling my hyena in Firewing, I happen to have an instantaneous kill. Three shots hitting and critting within one second of eachother, and the mob instantly dying. It was very cool.
I know others have probably had it happen on other mobs and definitely have bigger numbers to show off, but this happened 2-3 times that play session. Three big numbers exploding over a mob followed by a death groan. Who would have known it would make me so happy.
Also my hyena is now 70 (pic is now up). I should be testing him tomorrow.
I have updated the Pet Review with both Turtles and Hyenas. No, I didn’t actually get a Hyena to 70 yet, but I wanted to have the review in a completed form for as long as possible before WotLK comes, or at least ’3.0.’ Given that the last 2 pets have taken me several weeks each, I thought that to be prudent. I have tamed a Hyena at least, and I will be testing him at 70 regardless. If that changes the review, I’ll let you know.
So, tell all your friends the review is DONE (mostly) and that they can come here for their review needs.
I have also altered the main page slightly and moved methodology type suff to a seperate ‘Methodology’ page. I’m going to be updating it to create several different rankings lists in the next few days, both by category, and stats.
Gorillas have now been officially reviewed. IMO they are a prime example of why pet mechanics had to change. They are great companions that just don’t stack up against other families.
My turtle, Donatello, has been tamed in one of the most frustrating nights in recent memory. Read the rest of this entry »
Well I’m finally settled in Hawaii. The hotel I stayed at was 5-star but didnt have free internet access. What the heck. However my friends beach house has 2 unsecured connections which are both several times faster than my connection at home. That’s a really good thing, since it means I’ll be spending less time downloading and more time playing the beta. Yep, I got a beta key from an anonymous source.
I’m so excited.
I promise you that in my excitement I have not forgotten that the bear review has not been posted, nor that my gorilla is almost 70. I’d guess by this weekend I’ll have both those reviews posted and some initial impressions from northrend.
Playing WoW with the ocean roaring 50 feet away is so cool.